Saturday, April 4, 2015

Greek Hummus

I love homemade hummus but I rarely make it the traditional way. For starters, I have never once bought tahini so that has never shown up in my hummus. That and I love to add flavor. Roasted red pepper is always a favorite. But today I was craving Greek flavors so I decided to make this Greek version of hummus.


Here's what is in it:

1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp sundried tomato
several canned artichoke hearts
1/2 c feta cheese
1 cup mixed greens
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Throw it all in your food processor and blend away. If you don't want yours as thick and pasty as mine you could always add more EVOO or some Greek yogurt to make it creamier.

This would be great as a dip for veggies or simply spread on some pita bread. I used it on a wrap that my husband and I split for lunch. It was delicious! Our kids had one also and ate it up.

spinach wrap, greek hummus, mixed greens, brown rice, tomato, avocado, chicken, drizzle of balsamic vinegar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...