Thursday, March 26, 2015

Breakfast Time - Metabolism Booster Juice

Last week I was starting my day with The Green Terminator Shake. It was a filling, healthy way to kick my morning off but I wanted to switch it up this week to keep things interesting. I don't mind eating (or drinking!) things repetitively for a short while but I really love variety in my meals so it is important for me to mix it up here and there, especially when I am trying to stick to a healthier eating plan. I mentioned that I had won an awesome juicer a year or two back, so I wanted to put that to use this week and start my day with a juice. I picked something called the Metabolism Booster Juice. I wanted to go opposite of the green and this definitely took me there - bright purple, tart and sweet at the same time! Here is what is in it:

2 green apples
1 stalk of celery
1 small cucumber
1 small beetroot
1/4 lemon
1/2 inch of ginger

I just ran all that through my juicer and drank it up in all of it's purple goodness. Now in most of my drink posts I have shown you how I prepped for the whole week to make life easier. I can't exactly do that when juicing so I am chopping it all up the morning of. Want to see what it looks like?

Can you believe ALL of that goes into one juice?

That beautiful purple color!
I might mention that it made a bit more than a standard glass so I ended up sharing with my 4 year old. He loves to have whatever I'm having and I love that he is getting all that nutritional goodness. My kids will eat anything if it is supposed to be only mine...if I tried to serve it to them right out they are more likely to snub their nose at it. Kids!

You don't get to be 300+ lbs by being willing to live on liquid alone so this isn't the only thing I am consuming in the morning. Usually an hour or two later I will have something with some protein to keep me satisfied until lunch. I have been really loving an egg fried in a little bit of coconut oil topped with salsa and some avocado. All that good fat makes me happy, especially since I have been so restrictive. I love being in a place where the right stuff makes me excited!

Do you have a juicer at home? If so, how often do you use it and what are your favorite concoctions?

**Update** - I have started logging my food on an app (HERE is a post about how I am logging my food) to get a better picture of what I am consuming. I wanted to come back and share the nutrition info for anyone interested. Using the recipe analyzer at fitwatch.com this is the nutrition info if you consume this as one serving. I was definitely most surprised by the carbs...this is EXACTLY why I need to track for awhile so that I have a better awareness of the complete nutrition profile of what I am eating. Here's the break down for you:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...