Friday, March 27, 2015

Breakfast Time - A Pretty Little Plate

Thursday mornings are when I go to my mom's group so I am out of the house from right after breakfast until right before lunch. My morning routine as of lately has been slow in the eating department - a glass of water first, then my smoothie or juice, then another glass of water followed by something with protein like hard boiled eggs. It's usually a 2 to 3 hour process since I am working around getting kids fed and ready for school, which is fine on a normal day but I just don't have time for all of that on Thursdays. I also wanted to stay satisfied until I got home to have lunch....being too hungry and not wanting to put together a lunch has led to many a trips through the drive-thru on Thursdays. It's one of the habits I am making a point to break during this new journey.

To get my breakfast all in one sitting and make sure it was going to stick with me, I put together this pretty little plate of delicious food:


That looks so good I want to eat it again this morning! Here's what is on it:

4 pieces of fresh pineapple
about 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 egg +2 Tbsp almond coconut milk scrambled in a little coconut oil
a couple slices of avocado

So good, so satisfying, I will definitely be having this again. And it did it's job. Other than a handful of almonds I packed and munched on during group, this was enough to get me through to lunch. For the sake of transparency I did end up picking up lunch on the way home per my husbands request. But I got Subway and I put it all in my log (HERE is a post on how I'm logging my food) and it fit just fine into my day. This is a lifelong journey and that means that I will be eating out and picking up quick meals from time to time. And on most of those days, like yesterday, I will do my best to make a good choice within that. There will also be special occasions (like our anniversary get away this weekend!) where I am more lenient with my eating plan. Without balance I will never survive this for the long haul. And I am in it to win it!

What parts of your week create the biggest trip ups when it comes to your eating plan? How are you finding ways to work around that and still be successful in your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...