Thursday, March 19, 2015

Drink the water - Dr. Oz's Fat Flush Water

Because I want this to be a lifelong change, I am focusing on tackling some of the habits that are adding to my weight problems and replacing them with healthy habits. When it comes to drinking water I'm pretty bad about it. I live on coffee most days. With 5 kids 8 and under, 2 of which are 20 months old, I have relied heavily on caffeine to make up for the sleep I am not getting. And while I can't imagine that I will ever fully give up coffee, I know that I need to really limit my caffeine intake and drastically increase my water consumption.

I have two real problems with water: it's flavorless and the more you drink the more trips to the bathroom you have to take! Is anyone else with me on this? I swear when I drink the proper amount of water I feel like I am running to pee every 10 minutes. There isn't really anything I can do about that annoyance but I can do something about the water being flavorless.

I came across this Fat Flush Water (featured on Dr. Oz's website) and thought it sounded delicious. Whether it actually flushes fat or not who knows but it can't hurt, right? Here's what is in it:

1 slice grapefruit
1 tangerine
½ cucumber, sliced
2 peppermint leaves

You put all of those in a pitcher, fill with water and drink it throughout the day. They recommend drinking a glass before each meal to help you fill up so I have been doing that.  I wanted to make this easy on myself so I bought enough for 6 days worth and prepped it all by slicing it up and separating it in 6 different Ziploc bags that I stored in the freezer. Each night I am pulling out a bag and putting in the pitcher so it's ready for me in the morning. Taking time to do this ahead of time is so helpful and makes it convenient to choose to do the right thing. Here's what my prep looks like:


It has really helped me up my water intake. In fact, I have finished off the entire pitcher each day and only had 1 cup of coffee in the last 2 days. I am thinking about switching up flavors every so often to keep it interesting so I will be sure to share what I am trying in the future as well. If you have any favorite add-ins that you like in your water I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...